Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vaca in the S E A Part I

So things seemed like they were under control and okay. Turns out not so much. I ended up back at the hotel waiting for my studio to be ready. And as totally not depressing as that place is, I had to leave. So I had to get the fuck out of dodge. With limited miles and even more limited moneys I headed down to Seattle to spend time with my fave sister.

Seeing as how it was last minute, it was a scramble to get my shifts covered and get all my stuff together. But I managed to get out on Friday. And on the same plane as one of my close friends. She was on her way to Las Vegas for her dirty 30 birthday. So we had a couple of drinks waiting for the plane, and then had four each on the plane. Oh yes we were the drunk girls on the plane. Old man river ahead and across the aisle kept giving us dirty looks. But really it was her damn birthday and I needed so effing badly to get out of town. So screw em, at least we weren't screaming babies with crap in our pants.

We got in and my boss who had flowen in earlier in the day picked me up. We went to our former coworker's workplace. Had some dinner and more drinks. We waited for her to get off work and then went back to her place so my boss could "freshen up" (eff her boyfriend she hadn't seen in 2 months), so me and my coworker drank while waiting.

Then we finally got them out of their room and headed to this small karaoke bar slash chinese restaurant. The first impression I remember was a tall chinese lady bartender with slacks up to her bra I kid you not. We got some food there and more drinks. I finally decided to drink some water. And then decided water didn't mix with booze and threw it all up in the bathroom. Very discreetly, no one knew I had done it. When my boss came in to check on me, I had a bloody nose. Awesome. And got it on my shirt, double awesome. Luckily she had two shirts on and she was able to get the blood out. With all that alcohol missing and a new shirt on, I decided it was time to drink some more. And dance to my boss singing Baby Got Back. Ooooh yeah.

Even though I was super drunk I did notice that they had a pretty full bar right up until bar close. Even a little after. So different from Alaska where the cops are on your ass to have an empty bar. They probably have bigger bars and real crime to worry about down here.

Finally got back home, talked with my coworker about the shitshow that is my head and heart and then passed out on her couch. Day one of vacation over and AWESOME.

Day 2 and 3 recaps to come tomorrow when I'm hanging out at the house all day alone with nothing to do.

No comments: