Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sicky McSickstein

That's me. It crept into my awareness Thursday. Obviously I was a lil tired after going out for St. Drink-a-ton, and I may have smoked a few cigarettes while out. So that's what I attributed the slight annoying scratchiness at the back of my throat. Oh it'll go away, it's just my body telling me to keep on not smoking. Right? Riiight. Until I woke up Friday morning. I'M SICK. Noooooo! My head felt like some evil elf snuck in during the night and filled my head with boulders. Asshole elves. Happened to have some Sudafed, gulped that down and went back to sleep. Unfortunately, awoke still sick. Fuck. My amazing roomie who I will love till the end of time and then still, brought me top ramen, 7up, theraflu and tissues home on her lunch break. SO NICE! So armed with all that and some of her throat numb-er spray stuff, I loafed in bed all day and watched Gangs of New York. Which I realized I had previously watched only up until his dad gets killed. Which is like oh 15 minutes into a two disc dvd. So I stayed awake even with my heavy duty cold meds and watched the whole thing. I liked it. Daniel Day Lewis is so good at being bad!
Saturday I woke up even sicker. Awesome. But I had promised Ver I'd watch her get a tattoo on her foot. So I made myself take a shower and get slightly prettied up. Which was a challenge because once I got to the tattoo shop and looked in the mirror I realized I looked like Kate from the Bad Girls Club. On her hungover mornings. My eyes were squished inside of my puffy cheeks. Ugh awesome. Later on I got more medicine, which I think slightly reduced the chipmunker look of my face.
So today is Sunday, day three of my stupid head cold thingy. It is soooo nice and sunny outside! I don't want to take meds today. I figure I'll just blow my nose a lot and say things with a th more often. And I thinks we's going to the beach. Yay!

No comments: