Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend of Epicness

It started Thursday as all epic weekends should. Thursday was beautiful outside, Little G Man's first birthday, and my ex dude and his gf and her kids came to town. So it was pretty rad. We went to the park and lil G loved it. It's amazing to hear that super laugh from babies. Like absolutely pure happiness. Awww melts my bitter heart. I hung out with Harm and Jess and helped them get ready for the family baby bday dinner that night. Then Jess and I went out because she randomly had Friday off. And we got to meet the drag queens! And I was told I get to be Grand Duchess of Juneau. Holy fucking awesomeness! I was seriously floating after they told me.
So Friday night I had to work the drag show bartending. I was third on but they needed me pretty much as soon as I got there. We were slammed. Ran out of just about every glass we had. It was fabulous. Plus by trying to keep up with the dishes I was able to have a good view of everything. It was so packed I had to hop over the end of the bar when they called me up on stage to be sworn in. Glad I had a few shots, I was way nervous. And luckily there was a huge spot light in my face so it was like there was no one there. Not a PACKED bar. It was just plain great. I felt so amazing after. And it was towards the end of the show, so I didn't have to work much later. Spent the rest of the night chillin at the then almost empty bar with some new to town fucking rad ladies and then called it a night.
Saturday was crazy. Happy birthday to Ver and my fave sissy, Jen. Woke Ver up to give her her presents cause I had to go help Harm with G's big bday party. Bought a bunch of balloons and set the place up. Then babies started showing up. Lots of babies. Luckily S showed up too and we turned her jeep into an open bar :D Then she and I decided to head downtown to find the queens. Never found them before we had to head to the show. S said she'd be in charge of the sound so she could get in for free. And it was in no way her fault but the sound was horrible. The mic's kept reverbing and the cd's wouldn't play. At one point the queens brought out a boombox and put a mic next to it and then did her routine. It was rad. The stupid sound made the show go later than Friday night. So it wasn't until 2 that we were able to get the queens back to the rondy. Oh but we did. We packed the place and danced and it was so very superb. I wish we could have stayed open later, it was seriously just getting started and we could have made the bar way more money.
I helped do the dishes since they had just got slammed. S apparently went and broke up a fight and came back with blood splatter all over her face. Eww. Fucking drunks.
Didn't really get out of bed till 3 on Sunday which is what I needed after all that. Had the worst service EVER at Donna's. They weren't even busy! Effers. Then I finally got to come home and shower. Oh glorious shower and my bed. Ahh.
And today is the final day of the weekend, thank you Mr. Seward for purchasing your folly! Let's see what it brings to end the epicness.
Oh yes, on a not good note, Friday I come home to get ready to work and Ver tells me they haven't seen Frank in a few days so they called the pound. He still hasn't come home :( Last night I had a dream he was in my room, it was so real. And then I woke up and he's still gone. If some family found him and loves him, by all means, KEEP HIM! He's evil and hates me. But in no way to I wish him harm and I'm a worrier and ugh. I hope he's snuggled up somewhere safe.

No comments: