Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weekend Update Sans Tina Fey

This weekend was spectacular. The third turned out to not be so bad. Just another super busy night. It was actually better because at midnight, the bar cleared out for the fireworks. So we had time to stock liquor, change, eat a hot dog, before the rush came back. And came back it did! But at the end of the night, we all clocked out at 3:13. The bar closed at 3:00, it was amazing. But it was cause we had so many people working at close. And our doorman showed up after saying he wasn't going to, so that was good.
We got up around ten the next moring for the parade. Harmonie came down and we got a great spot in front of the imperial. The parade was good, kind of spread out, but fun. There was tons of huge mining machines because of some measure on the upcoming ballot. There was this huge truck that could make itself "wiggle", I loved it.
After the parade, Harmonie went home to ride over to Douglas with Mark, and Sarah and I walked. Now we don't walk much usually. But on the 4th there are soooo many cars heading to Douglas, it makes no sense to drive. So as we're walking we see cars heading over. And I just wish someone we knew would drive by so we could get a ride. But by about half way, we're passing the cars that passed us. It took us an hour to walk it. It probably would have taken at least another half hour to drive and then who knows how long to find somewhere to park.
Once we got there we had Harmonie's parents BBQ. Which is so damn good, they go to Memphis in May every year and win awards. It's damn tasty. Then we walked around and ran into friends. Watched a dog frisbee contest that was really fun. It was cute to see the old dogs try their best.
We got a ride back to town with some friends and played wii at their house. Or should I say, I sat and drank beer and watched them play. Then I had to work. Worse fucking day to work ever. It wasn't busy when I got there, I think everyone was still at the beach or house parties. But the people that were in the bar, none of them should have been served. I got swore at twice, flipped off once, it was stupid. It never really got that busy. But I got to work with Sevanni, who is the funnest dirtiest girl you will ever meet, so that made it worth it.
Saturday I finally had a day off. I had a not fun, but necessary talk with Sarah, then we went for a drive out in the valley. Over $40 dollars and not a full tank in her Jeep Liberty! Jesus Christ! What a bunch of shit! But it's so fun to drive around with her, it's worth it. We came back downtown to listen to Wisconsin Slim play at the Rendezvous. I really wanted to get drunk because I hadn't had a chance to really have fun over the holiday weekend. And we did. Once we started ordering shots:) We danced, which we just haven't had a chance to do in forever. It was so fantastic. As was the amazing drunk sex we had after bar close:)
The next morning, Sunday, I had to work at 8AM. I'm pretty sure I was still drunk. I haven't done that in a really long time. But I had some fun customers and a strong bloody mary, so that helped me get through the day. After work, Sarah had planned on us drinking in the Valley with some friends. The Valley as it's called is just another part of Juneau, about 12 miles from downtown. But we never go out there. Especially to drink, since we can walk 12 feet from our apartment and hit a bar. But since she just got her jeep, we were more motivated. So after I got off at two we drove all the way to Auke Bay and had some beers at Squires. She used to drink there all the time when she worked at Allen Marine. They played darts, I watched and drank. Then we went to the Sandbar, which has not only the best fried food in town but also shuffleboard! I looove shuffleboard and it's the only place in town that has it. I did play that, and I beat Sarah. She wasn't very happy about it. Apparently she's a sore loser. But I'm much worse, so it's good I won. Then we headed to GW Teals. I've only been there once before, but I love the layout and feel of it. No one else had been there before and they were very impressed. I decided once I become a "real" bartender that I want to work out there. After cheap, but good drinks we came back downtown.
Sarah was supposed to go to a going away party for her friend at the Alaskan. But before that we decided to go home and watch a movie. We never made it back out. We watched Puccini for Beginners. I highly recommend it. It has Gretchen Mol in it, and the uncle from Weeds, I can't remember his name. It was really good. Basically this girl gets dumped by her girlfriend and is sad. Meets uncle from weeds and hooks up with him. Then mets gretchen mol, who is his ex, and starts dating her too. It's tons of fun sex until she realizes they are ex's. Rent it!
And that was my weekend, not in a nutshell.
Monday was super slow at the bar. I made 6 damn dollars in tips. And then stayed there until 11PM hanging out with friends and watching 300 on the big screen.
I worked today, which should have been my day off because I am going camping Friday. I had some awesomely fun tourists in and it made it worth it. And it made up for my shitty tip day yesterday.
Tonight I think we are finally going to see Wanted. I heard it's pretty awesome, so I hope we do decide to go. I'll give a full review if I do:) Later gaters.

No comments: