Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Morning Reverie

Pure mush. You've been warned...

How I love and hate Sunday mornings. I am a huge fan of the wee hours of the morning. Especially waking up and realizing I am in my love's arms. The drifting in and out of sleep. Having the sweetest dream and being awake for it. Tangled in sheets and legs and smiles. I'd trade the sun and live in the darkness if I could always have that feeling. But then time tick tocks its way into the ephemeral perfection and it's time to tear away. How my heart aches just thinking about getting up and eventually having to say goodbye yet again. Just one more moment, no need to get up just yet, plenty of time still love. Time however has a way of moving on, faster and faster just when you want it to slow...to....a.....crawl. Then the search for far flung belongings. Slow meandering walk for coffee. Even slower much more resistant walk to the dock. Then silent pleads to freeze the moment that fall on the deaf ears of time and space. A million final goodbyes, just one more. Just one. And then there is just one left. With the sweetest kisses still lingering on my lips my feet guide me back home. Meanwhile my heart is stowing away, safe and sound snuggled with my love's own. Leaving in its place a sweet reverie, each moment replaying over and over. Committing to memory every sigh, glance, kiss, touch. The feeling of warm ticklish skin moving under fingertips and lips. Constellations of freckles dappling skin like stars at twilight. The weightlessness of being at home in each others arms. This is how I make it through the next two weeks.

No comments: