Friday, August 28, 2009

Sitka Take Deux

So Sitka came so close to not happening! Eek! Once again it seemed like a great idea to get hamboned the night before. Yup, talk about not learning from mistakes. Drink all night, lose V along the way, cut to phone ringing at 7:34AM. Ver telling me it's time to get up, NOW! So like I mentioned in the last Sitka post, the ferry terminal is not just down the road from my house. Noooo, not even close. And my ferry was supposed to leave at 8AM.
We haul ass to the terminal, get there at like 7:58AM. Run to the ticket counter and they tell me the ramp is already up. But that I can go tomorrow. I don't need to go tomorrow!!! So I quickly leave, almost make it to the door before a huge sob sneaks out, and tell Ver to drive so I can cry without them seeing. Check my bank balance and head to the airport. There is no way I wasn't getting out of this damn town. Luckily I have enough money and can get on the 11AM flight.
So we go get some brekkie at Donna's. Mighta been the hangover, but that was the best Chicken Fried Steak I've ever had. Ever. Which is good cause it turns out to be all I eat that day.
Got to Sitka safe and sound. I was really glad it wasn't bumpy cause I am a massive baby when it comes to flying (or anything really), and Sitka has one of those creepy built on the water runways. Like oops too far, look at the fishies swim by the window! Z picked me up and dropped me off at B's boat. So I got to chill in her bunk while she finished up work. I wrote teeny tiny notes and hid them all over. I'm so lame, I know. Then slept my hangover away for the next several hours. And then was woken up by the hottest lady on earth, in a towel with dripping wet hair. Yes please!
Walked to the hotel in the pissing rain, my left over liquid eyeliner returning to its natural state of liquid and covering my face. Awesome.
Showered and went out. Had a blast. Got to learn so much about her and just talk, it was really, really good! Really, really, really good :)
The next morning we tried to find coffee but to no avail. Had to walk back to her boat empty handed. I then got all sad thinking about how long I will be away from her when her boat heads back to Seattle. That wasn't fun. Luckily Z invited me to brunch with him and his lady at the Larkspur. Very tasty hippy food and I got a sweet tshirt. We walked around town a bit since it was much nicer than the prior day and then they drove me to the ferry terminal. Which I did not miss!

No comments: