Tuesday, May 20, 2008

But you're so pretty

So I promised to talk about the customer who said he was dying, something to do with his liver. I don't know if I believe him. I think maybe he's just crazy. He came to town about a month ago, I served him, he had a good time, now he thinks we're friends. Yes, I'm your friend because you pay me to make drinks and listen to you. Right. I thought he was incredibly annoying from the get go, but again I get paid to listen and be fairly friendly. He comes in once in a while, jawing away in his W. Virginian accent about how nice this bar is and how great Juneau is and how hard it is to find a place to live. Yup, I actually already knew all that.
Well he came in a few days ago and he was the only customer, so he had me trapped. I don't know what we were talking about, but he said something about seeing me kiss a girl. And I said, "yeah you most likely did." He says, "oh it's cool." Over and over. And I say, "yeah I know." I'm very dry with him. Later on Sarah came to the bar, and he says "oh that's your...significant...other?" Me: Yup.
So this is were it gets funny and annoying. The next day similiar situation, he's talking my ear off and this is as close as I can get to exactly what he said: "So you're a pretty girl....and you have your...significant (trails off) and, well, I just don't understand?" "I mean, can I ask why? But you're so pretty." He was inferring that I was pretty enough to get a guy so why was I with a girl? Oh. my. god. I never knew I could be with guys! I thought I wasn't pretty enough, thank you creepy stranger man for setting me straight! And he kept asking me why and I told him to stop. He is just insane and wouldn't listen to me anyway. And he kept saying I could have a girlfriend AND a boyfriend. Super creep. I told him it didn't work that way.
So no offense to West Virginia, but damn. It's people like him that give it a bad name. What a moron. But it makes me chuckle. "...but you're so pretty?" All confused looking.

1 comment:

Carl Baydala said...

I'm impressed with the script so far.

Carl