Thursday, May 22, 2008

Money, money, money, mo-NEE

So apparently throwing an amazing two day party for your boss is a good way to get a raise. Woo hoo! I went up a dollar! I'm still making what other bars consider entry level, but fuck it, I like who I work for and mostly like working there. Okay lately I hate it. But that might be hormones on top of asshole customers. I forgot I was filling in a shift tonight, and I am doing off site events my other two days off this week, so I don't get a day off till Tuesday. Which is fine, mo' money for me. But it's not so good that the only time I see Sarah is when she wakes me up to say good bye, maybe an hour at lunch, and then when she's asleep when I come home. Lame. But it's not forever, we'll figure out our shifts. Usually I only work two nights a week and mostly days, this week is just full up.
Speaking of the off site events, I am really nervous about the one on Saturday. The one on Tuesday I got all the liquor and supplies ready with the help of my boss, learned how to do everything. Because on Saturday I'm running the show. No bosses. Scaary. I got this job so I wouldn't have as much responsibility. I guess it followed me. But I like it and I know I'll be fine and feel all accomplished afterwards. It's just the before that's scary.
I have to go get gussied up, I have a lunch date with my baby!

No comments: