Monday, October 26, 2009

Slackin the days away

AKA Vaca Part II: East Coast Ed. Wrap Up

So let's see, where did I leave off? I took two mini road trips with my mom. Which was fun in a "damn the leaves are beautiful but I just want to rip my hair out" sort of way. First trip we went NW from Hartford up to the corner of the state. Beeeeautiful. Rolling hills, farms, huge old houses, fantastic leaves to peep. And I forgot my camera. So that day was documented by my phone. Not too bad, but I missed out on some phenomenal pics. We even made it over the border into New York. Coming from a landlocked tiny town that still blows my mind. You just drive? And end up in another state? I don't get it.

Then the next day we headed in the opposite direction and ended up in New London and Mystic, CT. This time I took my camera. And this time there weren't nearly as many interesting things to photograph. But I got some neat shots. We went to the Coast Guard Academy so my mom could renew her pass. But her registration expired the next day and she didn't bring the new one. So no new pass. Silly lady. I saw TWO Alaska plates on cars. Tugged at my heartstrings something fierce. Then we drove to Mystic. Well let me clarify. Mom got on the freeway headed to New York. I told her we were headed the wrong way and made her turn around. So yeah I can't drive, I am an amazing navigator! And don't you forget it!
So we get to Mystic and eat at, ta da, Mystic Pizza! You know, like the movie. From the 80's. That I think I might have seen. Once. When I was five. I wasn't that impressed. Hoky stuff like that is not my thing. But the food was ok and I got some shotglasses for my friend.

The day of the flight I was trying to convince myself that my ten ton suitcase wasn't over fifty lbs. HA! I finally swiped a duffle from the attic and loaded it up. It weighed about 20ish lbs. The big suitcase was too big to balance on the scale to see how much it weighed. (It ended up weighing 51 lbs! After I took at least 20 out!! But she let me slide and didn't charge me.)

I won't bore you with the details from the drive up to Boston. But it was basically more "Holy hell I want to pull my hair out!" then "Look at the pretty trees." Especially when we got to the airport. My mom went to arrivals first. Sheesh. Gets to departures and asks, "Where do I park?" What? This is where I get dropped off. Ugh, so we go around. She refuses to go in where it says PARKING and instead ends up back at arrivals. Holy crap. So we go around again. Once more refusing to enter the parking area. This time we end up back on the freeway!! By now I am swearing away. I feel bad. Now. Not at the moment. So anyway, we finally get there and she lets me go. Then I'm sitting down outside security and she walks up. So we got to hang out for a while longer.
I feel bad, but this kind of shit is why we don't get along. She is so nice and I should have no reason to ever be upset at her. But I am. Almost always. She just does things so passively and gets under my skin. Arg. Well I did my time, see ya in 2 years!

The flight wasn't too bad. Had a suit sit down next to me, take the longest, hardest stare at my arm o' tattoos and move. Hahahahahaha! He didn't really move because of me, but I bet he felt better not being near a crazy hooligan like me. So I got an empty seat next to me! Woo Hoo!
And that concludes my East Coast portion of my trip. Up next, Seattle Sisterland Redux.

No comments: