Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vaca Part I: Seattle Tripola

Had a great flight outta Juneau Thursday. Even though I had to sit between two people. Who I didn't know. There was a hilarious flight attendant dude that made the flight awesome. The two Finlandia cran's helped too.

The always amazing Sevanni picked me up, we drove up to her place and chitter chatted all the way. I loves her! I wish she still lived in Juneau. She made the Rondy not so soul sucking. We got all hotted up and hung out at her work for most of the night, taking a slight crawl down the road to another divey type bar. It was a blast. Just what I needed. And what she needed too :)

Had perhaps the best (and worst for me) breakfast ever the next morning. Deep fried peanut butter stuffed french toast with bananas and whip cream and maple syrup. And bacon. Hooooo boy was it good!

S took me up to my sis's place in Bothell and I got to meet my new nephew Jackson. So so so cute. Holy cuteness! So smiley and so serious at the same time. I loves him! It makes me sad to think he's going to grow up just like Aiden and Ella and I'm gonna barely see him. But this is the second time this year I've been able to visit so maybe it's getting better. Speaking of the other monkeys, they rock. I got to cheer on Aiden and keep Ella warm at his football game this morning. 4-0 baby! Go Trojans! I wish I could spend my entire vacation here. But I do get a whole week with them at the end of the month. Carve some pumpkins, glitter tattoos session two, it's gonna be good.

And now the countdown that seemed endless is so almost close to being done. I can't wait to step off that plane tomorrow night. My uber girl mind can't help but imagine it totally pre-9/11 style. Her waiting right at the gate looking eagerly shy and dapper and perhaps holding flowers, me looking perfectly femme and rolling a carry on bag up the ramp. I run to her, we embrace, she spins me around lifting my 40's style pumps off the ground and making my houndstooth trench flair around me. Squeezing tighter and tighter until there is no space between us. And that's when the audience sighs. As do I because that is so not how it's gonna be. It's gonna be great, but none of the film noir spit curls or flowers. But I don't care. Because what will be there is her. And me. Finally on the same coast, in the same time zone, in the same state, in the same room. Sigh effing sigh. One last sleeps till what feels like the best Christmas ever.

No comments: